Updating Netgear firmware using our short and quick guide –
Some steps to keep in mind before updating your netgear router –
- Never unplug your router while it is updating the netgear firmware software.
- Always update your router when you have a stable working internet connection.
- After updating the router connect your devices to see if everything is working good.
- IF not then you can reset your router to the factory settings. You can refer to this guide.
Now how to update Netgear router firmware ?
- Open you internet browser and type the following url: www.routerlogin.net, then sign in using your username and password.
- Now you will see a pop up message next to where you see netgear genie click on it and download the latest firmware.
How to reset Netgear router if something goes wrong ?
- You do not have to worry netgear routers are very safe when it comes to software updates.
- If you still faced any issues you can use the reset hole found at the back of your router.
- Use a sharp object like a tooth pick and hold it in the reset hole for 20 seconds to reset the router back to factory settings.
Tags : Netgear Firmware Update, netgear router reset, netgear firmware update failed.